Pages

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Thoughts on Fall


We have certainly been blessed with BEAUTIFUL fall weather this week. (My thoughts and prayers however, are absolutely with those who are in the path of hurricane Irma and with those who are recovering from the flooding in Houston.) The temperature got down to 48 here in the Nashville area last night and our high was 69 today.  As close to perfect as can be!

Fall is without a doubt my favorite season. I love everything about it. I so enjoy baking and making different soups in the fall. We eat what I bake in moderation and a portion of it is given to friends and neighbors. A good friend had surgery today and I plan on taking her some soup and a loaf of sourdough bread.

I enjoy practicing hospitality in the cool weather of fall. We had a nice fall party and bonfire here on our property last year and I'm hoping we will be able to do the same this year. I made chili and hot cocoa and friends brought yummy side dishes and desserts. We had games for the children and the adults were able to gather around the fire and fellowship. We used hay bales as seats and brought out warm blankets as it was a super chilly night! It was a blessing all around.

I enjoy decorating our home for fall although I do keep it simple and try to use things that I can make myself. We have a very earth toned home and the fall colors just seem to "go" with our home! I love all the unique shapes and colors of different pumpkins and gourds.


This is a simple tray I made from some scrap wood and a couple of vintage cabinet handles that I found at a thrift shop. Just added a few mini pumpkins and it looked lovely on our screened porch. This is pretty typical of my decorating style. I am rather simplistic!

Every season is a blessing and is unique in the gifts that it brings, but I'm definitely in my "element" so to speak when fall arrives! The soft flannels, cozy sweaters, warm boots, vibrant colors of the leaves, scents of apple and pumpkin everything - it's a wonderful time!

After a busy summer of gardening, mowing and home maintenance, I certainly welcome the slower pace of fall. I used to think summer was the slow paced season, but now it seems as if summer is our busiest time of year!

I hope you are able to enjoy some nice fall transitioning in your neck of the woods!




4 comments:

  1. Good morning!
    And I share your love of fall for many of the same reasons!!!
    I hope you have a cozy fall weekend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is my favorite season as well! :) I LOVE the tray you made! How clever! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about fall, what a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete