Pages

Friday, September 22, 2017

Fall is Here




I love fresh starts and the first day of each new season. Here we are - the first day of Fall. 87 degrees here in Tennessee may not feel like Fall, but the weather will come soon enough!

Fall was not always my favorite season. I used to be a Summer girl but that gradually changed as I got a little older. For me Fall is the season that is both a time of reflection and anticipation. Much of the year is behind us, but there is still more to come. That first crisp Fall morning wakes me from my summer slump and reminds me that there's still time. There's always hope. (The fact that Fall is beautiful and we get to wear sweaters and boots is just a bonus - my love of Fall runs deep!)

The carefree days of Summer may have come to an end, but the importance of living an intentional life with less distraction and "overwhelm" can't be overstated.

Leading a simple life does not mean sticking your head in the sand and pretending life is not hard. Raising children is hard, marriage is hard, finances are hard, sickness is hard, death is hard, taking care of a house is hard, juggling activities is hard, loving people who are unlovable is hard, turning 40 and getting gray hair and crows feet is hard, keeping your mouth shut is hard, standing by your convictions is hard. I think I could go on . . .

We lead a simple life by remembering that only one thing is needed (Luke 10:42) loving the Lord with all our heart, soul and mind & loving our neighbor (Matthew 22:37-38) and keeping our mind fixed on Him so He will keep us in perfect peace. (Isaiah 26:3)
We will live in confusion if we are not is His word and in prayer daily. The world will knock us down and the deceiver will prey on our weaknesses. He does NOT have the right to do this, so don't allow it, my friends!

I hope you all have a wonderful first weekend of Fall!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mandy,
    What a beautiful post to welcome the first day of fall.
    I agree with your thoughts here...
    Blessings for a happy, cozy fall. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouraging words!!

    ReplyDelete