Pages

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Rising Early


My favorite time of day is early morning. I'm always the first one up. I NEED that quiet, alone time to prepare for my day. My morning routine is pretty much the same each day.


I open the curtains, turn on a lamp and then go to the kitchen to brew the coffee. If the morning is cool, I open my kitchen window to let in a little fresh air.  


I grab a cup of coffee and head out to the back porch with my Bible. I take my planner with me so I can make my to do list for the day. The porch is my favorite "room" in our house! We spend a lot of time out here. My kiddos do most of their school work here. 

After my Bible reading and prayer, I go to the kitchen to get Darrell's lunch packed and breakfast made. By, now the rest of family is starting to get up.

I've always been a morning person, so it isn't hard for me to get up and get started. If I slept late, I would absolutely start off on the wrong foot and miss out on what I consider to be the best time of the day.

I get to work immediately by putting a load of laundry in and then doing the biggest task on my list first. I try to order my to do list from biggest job to smallest job since I have the most energy in the morning hours. I start to lose a little steam in the afternoon!

I know some folks are not "morning people" naturally, but I think it's an important discipline to work on. Mornings in scripture are always viewed in a positive light. I'm thankful each morning for God's new mercies and I try to make the most of the time I have to prepare and get things done!




7 comments:

  1. Mandy! I'm super happy to see that you are blogging again. I looked through your previous post and I can't believe how big your children have gotten. Wow! time sure moves by quickly. I'm looking forward to catching up with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendi! I've missed blogging. I've kept up with you and your family over the years. Happy to be back!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE your screened in back porch! What a lovely spot!! I am a morning person as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your new porch as well. Porches of any kind are wonderful.

      Delete
  3. Love your morning routine.
    Love. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do a lot of the same!!! I love your sitting area!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your morning routine. I am a morning person, this summer I didn't get to enjoy my porch like I would of like to. I love your porch, what a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete